Near Death Experience -Explore Mysteries of Consciousness
Mind becomes intrigued, when it enters into the mysteries of consciousness. Most of us look at it, with amazement, and questions-is consciousness part of the brain? or can it exist independently of the human brain? and if yes then how it feels like to exist outside of this body. Ancient Vedic wisdom has said a lot about the mysterious side of consciousness but by Now we have the substantial evidence to substantiate that Human consciousness exists Outside the human brain.
Here we have one of the most amazing cases of NDE during documented unconsciousness, and that is the case of a Songwriter and singer Pam Reynolds .this case was reported by famous cardiologist Dr. Michal sabom, in his book Light and death.
At one point in time in her life, Pam Reynolds was diagnosed with a giant basilar artery aneurysm. An aneurysm is the enlargement of an artery caused by weakness in the arterial wall.A fatal rupture could have come at any moment. Initially, doctors offered her no hope of survival. But eventually, she came in touch with neurosurgeon Robert Spetzler at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, Arizona. Spetzler was a specialist who was at that time pioneering a rare, dangerous, but sometimes necessary technique called hypothermic cardiac arrest, or “Operation Standstill.
Following things happened during this operation -
- In this situation body temperature was brought down to 50 °F (10 °C), where her breathing and heartbeat stopped, that means Ecg record got completely flattened and the blood was drained from her head.
- her eyes were closed with a tape and small earplugs with speakers were placed in her eardrums.These speakers emitted audible clicks which were used to check the function of the brain stem to ensure that she had a flat EEG — or a nonresponsive brain — before the operation proceeded.
Outcome of the operation- The total surgery lasted for 7 hours and the operation was a success.
Dr. Spetzler explains, “If you would examine that patient from a clinical perspective during that hour, that patient by all definition would be dead. At this point, there is no brain activity, no blood going through the brain. Nothing, nothing, nothing.”
During this period of clinical brain death, Pam had a vivid NDE in which she felt “more awareness than normal” and her vision more clear and focused than Normal.
- She reported seeing the surgical “saw” but said it looked like an Electric Tooth Brush, and this is true.
- she also saw- her hair shaved strangely.
- she was alarmed to see someone cutting her groin area, of course, that was part of the surgery.
- She said she could hear conversations between operating room staff, she heard a female voice saying that the blood vessels were too small on the right side, and a male voice suggesting that they try the other side.
- it is amazing that because the tiny speakers in her brain were emitting 90 to 100-decibel clicks at a rate of 11 to 13 clicks per second. Sound at that volume is as loud as of passing away train. The volume of Normal conversations is about 60 decibels, sustainably below 90 to 100 decibels clicks, so there was little possibility that conversations could have been overheard.
- It is even more astonishing as Dr. Sabom Confirmed that she never mentioned hearing clicks, much less feeling distracted by them or struggling to hear through them.
- she also experienced a presence and was pulled towards a light. She says she began to discern figures in the light, including her grandmother, an uncle, other deceased relatives and people unknown to her.
- According to Reynolds, the longer she was there, the more she enjoyed it, but at some point, she was reminded that she had to go back.
- She says her uncle brought her back to her body, but she didn’t want to go, so he pushed her in accompanied by a sensation like that of jumping into ice water.
Dr. Spetzler who conducted the complex operation summarizes the profound questions raised by Reynolds’ NDE:
“At that stage in the operation, nobody can observe, hear, in that state, And I find it inconceivable that your normal senses, such as hearing, let alone the fact that she had clicking modules in each ear, that there was any way to hear [what she heard] through normal auditory pathways. I don’t have an explanation for it. I don’t know how it’s possible for it to happen, considering the physiological state she was in. At the same time, I have seen so many things that I can’t explain, that 1 don’t want to be so arrogant as to be able to say that there’s no way it can happen.”
When Reynolds was asked how she was able to hear, she replied that it was through nonphysical processes.
“The world is open to all the possibilities, therefore Explore the Mysteries of Consciousness.”
If you like this content -then Join our Facebook Group for more Such content -Vedic Mysticism and Scientific Dogmatism.